Thursday, September 30, 2010

One man's trash is another woman's treasure!

I have been quite the dumpster diver since we moved to Philly, don't worry it doesn't involve getting into the dumpster, just scoping out whats around it! People throw the nicest things away here because they have no family and are too lazy to take it to the salvation army! A week or two after we moved here we found this entertainment center that is in PERFECT condition...it made a nice addition to our room to hold our tv.

Last night I found this daybed, again in PERFECT condition and I made it into a king size headboard! Obviously it isn't the nicest or greatest, but it adds a little something more! Now I just need some night stands and hang something above the bed and our room will be finished..finally!

2 comments:

suzy said...

You should check out my husbands cousins blog for a nightstand idea. I love it!

http://debeard.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-or-re-did.html

Elaine Goold said...

You are so clever, Becca! It looks great! I love how thrifty and creative you are!