Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Firsts

I have experienced many firsts with our move to Philly...
-First time living in a state other than Utah
-First time packing a Uhaul
-First time driving a Uhaul
-First time driving a Uhaul pulling a trailor, during road construction on a 5 lane freeway
-First time driving across the US
-First time seeing fireflys
Just to name a few

More recently, I've experienced...
-my first "blizzard"
-first time buying a snow shovel
-first time unburying my car!
-and the first time putting a lawn chair in our parking spot!

Yes you heard me right. Everyone out here knows that if there is a cleaned out parking spot marked with a lawn chair, you don't take it. Weird, but at least you know you will have a nice plowed spot to come home to! And seeing how we don't get snow like this in good ole' St. George, I was terrified to drive to and from work in it. Good thing my work is a short walk away because if it happens again and Mike isn't home to drive me, well then I'll be walking uphill both ways in the snow! Definitly my preference over driving!


I let Toby off of his leash because NO one was driving in this weather and he ran around our parking lot like a crazy dog. He absolutely LOVED it!

3 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

Whoa! That is a lot of snow! And some amazing "firsts". I'm proud of you! I remember the first time I saw fireflies when we took a trip back East. It was so cool!

Courtney B said...

That is so funny you mark your spot with a lawn chair! The snow is crazy huh?! I hate driving in it! And our parking lot is always at least 3 inches of solid ice. My biggest fear is losing control and wrecking into all the cars that are parked...ah!

bethi said...

holy snow!!...that is crazy!...ya, we are a little wimpy here in s. utah when it comes to snow..but we can handle heat, as long as we can visit the Goolds pool!!