Friday, January 27, 2012

The Bump 14-15 Weeks

(January 11-18)

We had our first Dr.'s apt (1/16/2012) to see if something is really growing inside me! Since we are going to Abington, a teaching hospital, we are also seen by students. The girl who saw us was super nice & she was able to give Mike some info & let him hang over her shoulder. Anyways, before the Dr came in she got my history  & checked for the heartbeat. It took her a few minutes, but the sound couldn't have been more awesome. After she was finished the Dr. came in, asked a few questions & then she told Mike that he was going to find the heartbeat. She got the machine all ready & Mike found it in like two seconds. The Dr. was shocked & really impressed...little did she know the student had already done it so Mike knew exactly where it was. It was really awkward & the student, Mike & I kept exchanging looks, but we weren't about to call her out & tell the Dr she had already done it. Mike loved being involved & watching everything they were doing & I think it will make him a little more comfortable when he has to start doing it himself. I also got the recommended flu shot at this apt even though I REALLY didn't want to.

I can't believe I am already in my second trimester! I am barely showing & have felt pretty good so far. I had some morning nausea/gagging & have only ralphed a total of 3 times, each time I had eaten mustard the night before so I'm thinking that could have been the cause. I had a really bad migraine, dizzy, can't see straight spell that lasted about 24 hours, but haven't experienced anything since. I have been feeling really tired, pretty much all the time.

I have had some mild cravings, but nothing out of the ordinary. A few weeks ago all I wanted to eat were pepperoncini's & this week I just want slivered almonds. Up until now, if I would have a meal in mind that sounded good, I HAD to eat it. Luckily, it didn't happen too often, so we didn't break the bank. I can't eat big meals anymore. I eat small meals & snack a ton during the day. Some foods still sound repulsive-Chinese, shrimp, pickles & sadly, I don't eat as many vegetables as I used to.

9 comments:

Dolly said...

Can't wait to see my New Greatgrandson or granddaughter. Glad everythings okay. Love Grandma Rollo

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

So happy to hear everything is going well, you look adorable!

Al and Al said...

Yaaaaayyyy! Glad you're feeling ok. So exciting! Put me at the top of your babysitters list :)

Courtney B said...

Aaaah! I am just so SO excited for you! And that is so dang awesome that Mike gets to be so hands on with this pregnancy! SO cool!
You look adorable!

Holly said...

Becca, you look so cute! I'm so excited for you guys. Being a mommy is the best! :)

Amanda Jean said...

I am so happy for you you are going to be a wonderful mom you look beautiful as well when I got pregnant I hated vegetables too and I still can't bring myself to eat them it's no Bueno

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

You are so cute! I am excited for you to have a little someone to follow you around it is the best! Keep us posted:)

linzi said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm glad you've been feeling pretty well! You have one of the cutest baby bumps I've ever seen. Your beautiful.

I hope everything goes wonderfully for you!!! Are you really waiting to find out the gender?!!! That will be exciting!

suzy said...

I have been so out of it lately I haven't even told you congratulations yet!! You're gonna be the most stylish pregnant girl around!!