Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rise Against Concert/ Montana Trip/ New Cars

We left Monday (July 13) for Vegas to cash in Mike's graduation present (aren't I thoughtful?). We went to the Rise Against, Rancid and Billy Talent Concert that night and then stayed in the Microtel Inn and suites. Definately recommend staying there. Our room had a huge jacuzzi tub a whole kitchenette and a cool/comfy chair. The concert was quite interesting and I felt completely out of place, but it was a lot of fun and VERY entertaining.
Tuesday we went shopping at the outlets and then took a taxi to the airport around 12. Our flight didn't leave until 5 so we did a lot of wandering. We took Toby on our adventure and almost didn't make it on the plane because he didn't have a health certificate (don't believe anything an airline's website says or you may not make it on your flight.) Luckily the vet in St. George was nice enough when I explained our situation and faxed it considering he didn't even have the exam! I was freaking out at the fact that Toby and I may have to ride the shuttle back home and not get to go on the trip. Thank goodness for nice people. While waiting in the airport, Toby couldn't hold it any longer and had an accident. Mike sneezed, Toby jumped and pee went flying. It was so hilarious...poor doggy.
James picked us up in Billings then we drove 1 1/2 to Lewistown. Wednesday we went on a hike, the hardest hike of my life up to the ice caves. I totally forgot my camera, but would have been in too much pain to take pictures anyways. I could hardly walk for the next 4 days (pathetic I know..someone DEFINATELY needs to work out!). The ice caves were really neat. In some parts the Ice went from ceiling to floor and was 5 feet thick. That night we went to the fish hatchery and let the dogs run wild. Thursday we drove to Great falls to pick up Candice from work, then our adventure began. That night we searched for hours trying to find a nice, somewhat empty campground outside of Glacier National Forest. We ended up spending $40 just to camp and didn't sleep at all due to the cow bells, blairing music, and it just being plain cold. We all got up at 6 am due to these circumstances and decided we couldn't go back to sleep so we would just pack it up and head through the park. The park was GORGEOUS!! It was so green and there were water falls and lakes everywhere. If you get the chance GO!!!
My freezing cold puppy
Mountain goat on the side of the road
The Barons
After we left the park we went to The House of Mystery. It is hard to explain, but supposidly there is a vortex right in the middle of this property and there is a crooked house and some of the trees are crooked (the pictures will do the talking) for some reason the crooked house made me really nausious, but it was really interesting.
Twisted trees
If you look close at these pictures in the first one I'm taller than Candice and the second one she looks taller than me. The ground was completely even, they even pulled out a level to proove it! But all the kids there were amazing because they grow and then shrink! I am amazed too because I can't figure out why it happens.
This broom is standing all by itself!
Toby in the crazy house
It looks like they're leaning back, but they're just standing normal
The random golden door
Two story outhouse haha.
We spent most of the day sight seeing and that night spent even longer trying to find a place to camp. With every camp site within 400 miles being full (I'm not even kidding a little bit) we decided to drive the four hours or five, I fell asleep, back to Lewistown. What am I on now, Saturday? Saturday around 12 we decided to go tubing. We needed three more tubes so we drove to EVERY tire/sporting goods store in Lewistown and they were either closed or didn't sell them. Finally we bought regular pool tubes from a store and finally got on the river around 2. That night we ate dinner and then walked the dogs through town and got a treat then played board games.
Toby in Tucker's hat...these pictures crack me up!
Sunday we started our journey home. We stopped to eat in Idaho Falls, then stopped to get gas in Treemonton, UT (we had drove for about 7 hours) to our dismay when we decided to move on, the truck wouldn't start. So, Mike and I push started it and luckily it started so we continued on. Then as we were approaching Ogden all the lights started to go dim and then we started chugging...Luckily we made it down the off ramp and into the parking lot of a gas station. There were so many EXTREMELY nice but equally creepy people there to help us. We ended up having to call Paul to come rescue us. We then drove around for an hour or so looking for a Wal-mart to buy a tow rope. We finally got it hooked up and started towing. We had to take the freeway because it would have taken hours to drive through the cities. SCARIEST thing EVER!!! Mind you this truck is an '86..that is older than I am, the brakes are not the greatest and they decided to shorten the tow rope which didn't help the chances of us hitting Paul's nice Honda. I was sick to my stomach the whole way in fear that we were going to wreck and Toby was going to get smashed. Luckily we made it safely to our destination. Monday we waited. We were supposed to be to work at 3, but luckily a nice gentleman covered for us. After getting the starter and alternator replaced, we left for not so sunny St. George around 7 and arrived around 12. I have never been SO happy to be home. Don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun, we just had a lot of mishaps along the way and 40 hours (no joke) in the car is a little too long for me! Thanks James and Candice for hosting us and taking us on a tour of Montana.
Toby saying GET ME OUT OF THIS CAR!
We traded in the Ford for this Honda Accord. We love it SO much more than the Focus. That was in June, better late than never right?

And introducing the new truck! Mike has secretly wanted this truck since James bought it a couple of years ago!! It will be SOOOO nice to be a two car family! And don't worry babe I won't be able to drive your little beauty cause I can't drive stick worth a darn!

7 comments:

Pulsiphers said...

Wow what an adventure I would be so angry if I had to make a 40 hour car ride I hate being in the car I mean I really hate it.

Elaine Goold said...

Oh my, what a funny blog! I'm so sorry your trip home was such a disaster, but the rest of the trip sounds fun!! I, too, love Glacier National Park. It is beautiful! We stayed in the Microtel in Vegas once with the three oldest Idiart kids. What a great hotel!! I loved it. They even have free long distance calling. The kids called their mom twice for free! We're glad to have you back home. Briana and I are looking forward to our girls night out with you on Monday!!!

Cynthia said...

The crazy-crooked house is very interesting! I like vacations, but the best part for me is always the coming home!! So glad you are home safely! xoxo♥

Krystal said...

I want to go to Glacier National Park so bad! Sounds like you had a great time, except for the car ride home.

Andrea said...

All of that sounds like so much fun, except the car ride (but it makes for an interesting story). I am going to have to google the mystery house now, because I am intrigued.

bethi said...

sounds like lots of fun!!! im totally jealous! we need to make a trip out there soon!! glad you made it home safe...besides all the mishaps (im not jealous of that)! ( :

Amanda Jean said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I love the pictures, Your little dog is so cute!