Thursday, September 29, 2011

dress to pencil skirt

I am SO proud of this project!
I found a tutorial on pinterest to make a striped pencil skirt, looked for fabric at Joanne's-no luck, and was looking to buy some online-expensive, until the other day...I was rummaging through the clearance rack at Target, I stumbled upon this dress, size LARGE...$4.98 yes you heard me right less than $5. I was SOO stoked! And I was so proud of myself that it actually occured in my brain that I could make that desired pencil skirt out of this not so lovely dress! This project took me less than an hour so so so so easy!
It was a good day...
and being frugal feels really good!

before...

and after :)

9 comments:

The Petersons said...

So cute! I feel like I need to develop a better eye for checking the clearance racks for repurposing projects! I did just make Abby a cape out of a giant shirt from the dollar store!

Dolly said...

WOW Becca, This is so cute. You did a fantastic job on this. I'm so proud of you. I knew you could do it. Just think of all the fun projects you can do. I just love it. Love, Grandma

mini-wheats said...

wow! You did a great job! I would worry about the stipes being crooked, but they look great! So that just goes to show that you're a pro! :)

Al and Al said...

CUUUTTEEE. That is so cute. I want one.

Dallas, Jessica, and Drake said...

Amazing! I love it! I'm so jealous you can sew.

suzy said...

Ok...remember that one time that I asked you about dressing cute on a budget? Not once did you mention that you can turn weird clearance clothing into something trendy and modest. I am super impressed.

Mariel Torres said...

this is so awesome! I have a couple articles of clothing that have pencil skirt potential hehe. To the sewing machine! Thanks for the inspiration doll ;)

Stacey said...

SO CUTE!!! Love it, love it, love it!!

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing seamstress, Becca! And so creative! I'm so impressed!