Saturday, November 5, 2011

"pinning" for dinner

I was feeling domestic today & let my stomach reap the rewards!
For some reason I have had this desire for the yummiest chocolate chip cookies ever & thanks to pinterest I found it. These were AMAZING, especially for my first time baking from scratch (well without my mom that is)!
Recipe found here

And seeing how the nearest Durango's/Cafe Rio is in DC, making these tasty salads at home is a MUST!
Instead of using boxed mexican rice that I find disgusting, I found this extremely easy & tasty mexican rice recipe found here

And this amazing tomatillo recipe that makes the salad what it is, found here
Thank heavens the grocery store next to my house has tomatillos!!
I cut up some romaine lettuce, heated up some black beans & added all these ingredients plus some marinated steak & a tortilla to my trough (because a cereal bowl is way to small for all this deliciousness) & voila, my favorite salad at home!

No comments: