(September 25, 2011)
While hopefully searching craigslist for a new puppy, I stumbled upon an add for a 5 month old rescue. I checked into it & we ended up with Mack, formerly known as Herbie...hence the name change. The first two weeks were rough. He wouldn't walk on a leash, he wouldn't go potty outside & he whined A LOT. We were REALLY close to getting rid of him, but as much as I couldn't stand him I realized he just needed a good home with people to love him. Since then he has shredded 2 doggy beds while locked up in his kennel, tore up a chunk of our carpet (which we hot glued back in place!), pottied far too much in the house & stole our hearts! Toby wasn't fond of him at first. If you know Toby, you know how spoiled he is. There were a few fights over food & toys, but all is well now. Toby couldn't be happier to have a brother, they play NON-STOP, & Toby is always the one to instigate it.
he lays in the strangest places, sprawled out on the kitchen floor, under the table
& cuddled up to the couch
oh & cuddled next to Toby, but this was forced.
the chunk of carpet he tore up is right in front of him...good thing our glue job makes it impossible to tell!
he's still learning that being mauled & cuddled is never going to go stop
Mack is already WAY bigger than Toby & they are 2 years apart!
He still hasn't learned how to jump up on the couch or the bed, which I'm loving right now cause he is way too playful. He has tumbled off the bed a few times which is sad, but hilarious. Toby is teaching him all kinds of things like how to play, how to hide under the bed, how to bark & how much fun the dog park is! I still think we are crazy for getting a second pup, but they sure are fun!





1 comment:
He's SO cute!! Brooklyn would just die over two little pups! And that's totally hilarious you hot glued the carpet back down! Haha!
Post a Comment