(March 13-16th)
For Spring Break this year we ventured to Virginia. We loaded up the car & the puppies & headed out Wednesday night after I got home from work.
Thursday:
We headed to Luray Caverns first thing in the morning. Our plan was to leave the pups in the hotel room while we toured the caverns, but they were crying like crazy, so they ended up staying in the car (in their kennels) during all our touring. The caves were AMAZING! Mike had been once before when he was little & really wanted to see them again so that's just what we did! Remember how we visited this cave here, well I hadn't seen anything! The Luray Caverns blew them out of the water!!
After the caves, we stopped for lunch at Taco Bell & then drove 1 1/2 hours to Monticello. Luckily, we came before the rush of the tour group season! There were only about 10 people in our tour group which made it much more enjoyable! The grounds of Thomas Jefferson's house were so awesome! I loved the walking path that wraps around a ginormous backyard, the huge garden & the walkways that go underneath the house. I obviously was looking mighty huge & pregnant because in every room the tour guide reminded me that there was a chair for the disabled/those who needed it & to make use of it! SO embarrassing! As much as I wanted to sit down, I didn't!
the gorgeous trees in bloom
I was SO excited to see this Cardinal! Now that we have been home, I have seen TWO flying around our apartment complex! Not so cool I guess!
Friday: We headed North & stopped at Mt. Vernon. It sits on a huge river & the view is beautiful! We got to see a real blacksmith in action, which I was totally fascinated by! Again, our tour group was relatively small & we even had a few BYU folks on it! Such a small world! We toured the grounds & walked down to the river & I had had enough!! I am so out of shape & had to sit on nearly every bench along the path back up! Pathetic! As we were heading out, I wanted to be spontaneous & stay in DC for the night & make a little more of our Spring Break, but the weather was turning bad, so we just decided to head home!
The Vault (George Washington's original burial spot before he was moved)




No comments:
Post a Comment