Friday, August 22, 2008

Let the planning begin...

WOW!!! Planning a wedding is very time consuming and extremely stressful!! They are so many different things to choose and buy and try on and decide upon!! I know all my blogging friends are married and you've gone through this already so give me your ideas!! Give me your thoughts on whether I should buy my dress or borrow one, how big does my cake really need to be? What would you do if your colors were yellow brown and green...( I know most of you may think these are really weird, but i want sunflowers and it will be in the fall anyways!!) PLEASE help me!!! your truely, Bridezilla! -that's what Mike is starting to call me!! YIKES I never thought that would happen!!

5 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I think Sunflowers will be beautiful and those colors are nice and warm/fally. . .I borrowed a dress that had been in my family for a jillion years. . . in fact, my mom has my grandma's dress, in case you want to go OLD. . .but rentals seem smart. . . I think if you want to buy, you'll always have the dress as a keepsake for your daughters, too. . .whatever you decide to do will be PERFECT. And if your punk fiance Mike calls you Bridezilla one more time his big sister is going to hold him down and sit on his head.

Elaine Goold said...

Every morning when I'm out walking on the bike trail behind our house and I pass the sunflowers there, I think of you!! Mike and I already pulled out the photo albums and showed you all the wedding dresses in the family - but I think it depends on the dress you want - if you find one you love on you and you can borrow it, do so. Or rent it, or buy it, or sew it. Just find one you are happy wearing and then get it! You'll look beautiful in whatever you choose to wear! Don't stress out - have fun planning your wedding and make Michael do all the work!! Love you!

Pulsiphers said...

Personally I think you should do what ever you want. I bought my dress, and I am happy I did. Its just nice to be able to let my girls try it on and hopefully I will be able to get on again. It really all depends on what you want. If you have a dress that you love and someone will let you borrow it great but I really think you need to love your dress because You will have your pictures forever and You will be in you dress for all of them. But that is my opinon. I think your colors are going to turn out so cute I love those colors so I will be excited to see how you do it. I really am not creative to help with that one sorry. By the way we will all be at your wedding I got the okay from the doctor so I so happy and excited to see you guys. And about the cake if you are having something else at the reception I would say you don't need a big cake. We had so much cake left over. And you really are not bridzilla have fun. everything will work out. In the long run the small stuff really doesn't matter just as long as its what you want and mike. Love you guys have fun can't wait to see you.

kwBALE family said...

Bec, you know it will be so beautiful with the sunflowers, and the colors! I wouldn't get too big of a cake. And get most of it fake, unless you want to serve all of it. Thats what me and Kas did though. Only one layer was real, and the rest was fake. We didn't even do what some people do, and thats save the top layer of the cake, to eat in a year. We figure that it would be gross, and nasty. But thats just what I would suggest. It saved us money. And on the dress bit, do whatever you feel like doing. There are pro's and con's in buying, and borrowing a dress. love you.

The Garners said...

My advice is simply just stay calm, because on the big day none of the little things that you stressed about and fought with your husband about even matter, you don't even think about them. So just let everyone help you who is willing and don't be bridzilla nobody will want to be around you. Have fun planning the wedding because luckily you will only have to do it once.