Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cali Trip May 2009

We went to California May 24-28. We stayed with Rob and Kari the first two nights and then in Anaheim the second two. We always have so much fun when we go visit!! I LOVE their kids!! Carter is absolutely ADORABLE and he became my buddy again which I love! And Bella is the best baby EVER! I heard her cry once while we were there! We really appreciate you guys for letting us stay there and taking us all over LA!! You guys are the best!

SUNDAY:

I have always wanted to go to downtown Hollywood and see the stars on the side walks and what not! Rob and Kari are the best hosts!! They took us down Hollywood blvd which was NOT what I expected! There were people dressed up in freaky costumes like Chuckie, the Joker and Freddy. There were drunk bums dancing on the street for money and a guy dressed up in the freakiest/dirtiest Barney costume I had ever seen!! I thought it was going to be something glamerous! They make it look a million times better on TV. It was fun seeing the stars on the side walk and going to the Chineese theater where the stars handprints are. They also took us down Rodeo drive and Sunset Blvd. It's amazing how much more glamerous all those places are on TV!! I was shocked haha. For dessert we went to a little place by UCLA that sells cookie ice cream sandwhiches! They were SO good and SO cheap!!

They Hollywood sign is right above our headsCarter, Bella and Kari It started out as a sand castle...
And turned into a climb underground!! This is Mike going all the way through the tunnel he built!

We had a BBQ that night and R&K's. They make THE best burgers EVER!! They are my favorite! I can't eat burgers from anywhere else after eating those!! We watched WallE with Carter...SUCH a cute movie, and SO fun to watch it with that little man!

TUESDAY:

We went to Six Flags! My camera battery died so no pictures! The lines were amazing and we rode everything we wanted to and more!! It was the perfect day! The longest line we waited in was the line for Panda Express for lunch! That night we went to Buca di Bepo, my first time!! AMAZING food!! I was in spaghetti heaven!!

WEDNESDAY:

You can't go to California without going to DISNEYLAND!! We went on Wednesday because it was my birthday! What a PERFECT way to celebrate right? Well it was my dream come true! It was a lot busier than I had hoped but we sitll had a blast! And to top it all off we got a little surprise. As we were walking from California Adventure back to Disneyland Mike started nudging me so I turned to him and he said "LOOK that's Bridget"!! (Hugh Hefner's old girlfriend for those of you who don't know! We watch their show all the time!) I was so shocked to see her there and she looked SO different in real life!! (I guess I need to stop watching TV...I'm so gullable!) So we ended up following her clear to Indiana Jones where she turned to go to some secret bar. I wanted to get a picture with her so bad but I would hate to be a celebrity and not be able to go anywhere without someone stopping me for a picture! So we were stalkers and took one of her anyways! I needed proof so everyone would believe me!! Pluse she is WAY more famous than Loretta!! haha... All my D.L pictures are on a disposable camera so once I develope them I'll post them! Hooray for vacations!! We had a ball. Believe it or not!! That is REALLY her!

THURSDAY:


We drove home and picked up our puppy! I missed him SOOO much and what made it even better is that he was SO excited to see us!! He seriously is my baby and I can only imagine what it would be like to leave a human baby for vacation!

3 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I've seen that show before! I always wondered if ALL the girls that live with HH are his girlfriends or WHAT? Anyway, did you get to go to DL for free? I heard that's a new thing for birthdays. . . I hope so! We all miss you guys and can't wait to see you!

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday!! You can never have too much DL, glad you had a great trip! ♥Aunt Cynthia

Elaine Goold said...

Happy Happy 21st birthday cute Becca! We love you and I'm so glad you had so much fun in California and got to go to Disneyland on your birthday!