12/13/2011
We bought out first real Christmas tree!
I didn't really want to set up a tree because I couldn't think of a spot to put it in our apartment. After a weekly chat with dad, he gave us strict orders to put up our tree the next day. I obviously do exactly what he says...still, cause we did just that! We went to Home Depot, bought a tree stand & a star. Then after work we headed to the fire station just down the road & picked out our perfect little tree! I am SO happy we decided to go the real tree route because 1.it is so festive and 2. our money benefited the fire department! I just wanted a teeny tiny tree & told the nice tree man this too, but he kept pulling out decent sized trees. I couldn't say no, so we took home the first one we saw. Mike helped the guys strap the tree to the top of the car & without thinking, they tied all the doors shut except the drivers side. It was funny when I went to open my door & couldn't get in. I climbed over the drivers seat & we were on our way home. It was freezing cold with the windows down, but the experience made it all worth it! When we got home, I made Mike trim a little off the bottom cause it was still a little too big. He thought I had ruined the tree, but it ended up looking great! I think buying a real tree each year has become a new tradition for us! If you haven't experienced buying a real tree, driving home with it on your car, watering it & cleaning up it's needles (lucky ours doesn't lose it's needles at all!!) then you definitly should next year!
Love this Christmas subway art c/o
Made my Christmas wreath (thanks to pinterest)






3 comments:
I bet your house smells SOOO good! Have a wonderful Christmas!
The tree looks so cute! I love the star!
Merry Christmas! Thanks for your cute card :) I love your little tree! (I have some yummy Cafe Rio recipes if you are interested: the house dressing, chili lime rice, pork and chicken. They are on my food blog, http://myfantabulousblogofrippedoffrecipes.blogspot.com)
Post a Comment