July 3, 2012
Mike started his first rotation (OB/GYN) at Abington Memorial (the hospital I will be delivering at)! A little back tracking...Mike was able to put in a special request form since I'm pregnant which gives those with families more of a choice of where they will do their rotations. They do a lottery so you put in which order you want to do the rotations & which hospitals you want to do them at. Most of the other students will have to go farther away for theirs & stay in provided housing like in Pittsburg. Mike put OB/GYN for his first choice at Abington since I will be delivering there & he got it! He is really enjoying the hands on experience so far, even though the hours are terrible! He even has to do a week of night shifts & I had a panic attack thinking of keeping a newborn quiet while he tries to sleep during the day! All of his other rotations are reasonably close as well, except for one in NJ which is a 45 min commute! I can hardly believe year 3 is finally here!! We are half way done & then we are outta here...hopefully!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment