Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Too close for comfort

Mike's neighbor's house flooded the other day so they brought in one of those really big sheds to put furniture and other belongings in. To move it they use a huge crane, lift it up, and set it right done. Well my car was parked RIGHT next to where they were putting it!! The whole time Elaine and I could only imagine one of the wires snapping and it falling right on my car!! Good thing the guy moving it knew what he was doing!!

3 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

Whoo wee! That was exciting! I kept yelling at Becca to move her car before it was smooshed. I went and stood by it because I thought the man wouldn't drop it on me and I could thereby save her car! One of our cars was parked in front of Becca's and the storage unit swung over that car also. Our neighbor has a good sense of humor and he said, "Do either of you want a new car?" I was so relieved when that thing finally landed! It took about 10 minutes of it swinging over our cars!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

It's a good thing those Goolds sold some of the junk they had parked out in front! Ha, ha. . .I'm glad your car made it! And I'm glad you're posting again. I guess hanging out with my kids REALLY took it out of you! You were down for at least a week! Missed you!

gooldylocks said...

are you serious was anything ruined!? i cant believed i missed out on that freakin ridiculous, hurry up and marry my brother so you dont have to take up all the parking space at the house. if he hasnt proposed by the time i get back its a swift kick in the groin for him. haha wow the goold family has really gotten into this blogging thing. well im almost done here and i have had some rad adventures haha see ya soon future sis,