Monday, May 5, 2008

Heelies...

Here is just a little history on the heelies to start off. Everytime we would go to Costco Mike would see the little kids riding around on their heelies and I can't tell you how many times I heard, "man I want some of those SO BAD!" So he finally gave in and bought some online. He used to always wear them to work so he could just cruise around when he did his checks and what not. Anyways, one day he called me while he was working and told me he biffed it really hard on his heelies on the tile floor! I could just see him falling in my head and couldn't help but laugh! When we went to Disneyland he wore them around but eventually took out the wheels because I couldn't keep up!! We brought up Disneyland the other day and how we wanted to go again (we are a little obsessed) and Mike said I had to get some heelies too so we could just zip around from ride to ride! I agreed that I would, but didn't really think much more about it. Last night when I was cleaning my lovely room I came upon a gift that I received for Christmas...Heelie wheels!! Now they aren't the official Heeley shoes or anything but the do the trick! So I put them on and was riding them around in my kitchen and my room mate was cracking up! I texted Mike and told him I was practicing and he was so excited! As soon as he got off work we went for a Heeley ride!! We attempted to go ride around at the college, but those dang campus patrol cops were out and about! So we then decided to go to the Target parking lot. We cruised down past Lowe's and into the hospital parking lot in hopes of seeing the fiber optic tree, but it was turned off! I was doing SO good! I didn't even fall once! Then as we were heading back to the car Mike said, "race ya to the car." Game on I thought! It was neck and neck the whole way until I went to unlock my car and stop at the same time! Next thing I knew I was on the ground! I must have put both feet together cause they went right out from underneath me!! I guess I can't tease Mike anymore about falling cause I have now experienced it for myself! Other than a little road burn on my elbow I had a blast! I love doing random things with Mike!! We get such a kick out of it!!
I'm pretty proud of mine... They even LIGHT UP!! ha ha

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That sounds so fun. I love how yours light up Becca. Brian wants some so bad. We almost bought him a pair in Costco the other day, but they only had kid sizes :(

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

You guys are so crazy, I loved reading about this, some day, you'll have to print all your blog pages into a book for your kids to read . . . all about the crazy stuff their mom and daddy used to do, BEFORE THEY WERE BORN! Make sure you bring us, on your next Disneyland Trip . . .I'm going to DisneyWorld in 11 days!!