Monday, May 19, 2008

To grandmother's house I go...

On Saturday morning I decided to go to Richfield for my grandparents 50th aniversary party. I left St. George about 10:20 so I could make it there for family pictures at 1:00pm. Mike had to work and my family had gone up the night before so I was taking the drive alone. Just before Cedar at the Kolob Canyon exit I blew a tire. (I forgot to mention that the night before I was stressing about going because I didn't feel that great about it, but I figured it was my day off so I might as well do something...That's why I decided at the last minute!). Luckily I made it just off the exit ramp so I wasn't right on the freeway. So here I am stuck on the side of the road ALONE! I called my dad and told him and asked if he thought I could change it myself. (I've NEVER changed a tire before, but was certain I could figure it out). He said I could do it but would call me back in a minute. When he called me back he told me that a guy would be there in a few minutes to change the tire. Ok just some random guy is going to come change my tire?? I wasn't too estatic about this. He then reassured me that it was a guy from a tire company in Cedar. So I sat and waited for about and hour and a half until I saw this old blue truck start reversing down the exit ramp. I called my dad and said I think he's here there's some guy walking towards me in all black!! Luckily it ended up being him. He put on my spare and then I followed him into Cedar so they could put a new tire on it so I could make it home!! I ended up not going to Richfield because I had been set back two hours so I ended up just going to my other grandma's house in Cedar. I think next time I don't feel good about doing something I won't!! And I guess I just wasn't supposed to go up there! Funny how things like that happen!!

1 comment:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

You are so brave! I hate when I don't listen to "promptings" and regret it later. I would have freaked out and cried. You're so tough!