This morning I met my family out at the sand dunes by Sand hollow reservoir. I forgot how much I love going out there and rididng fourwheelers! I only got to stay for a few hours because I had to work but it was still so much fun! My family probably goes out there at least every weekend! They LOVE IT!! Anyways, we went for a ride up into the higher part of the dunes and there are, what they call "bowls." The name pretty much says it all, it just looks like a big bowl of sand and the riders can ride around the sides. They have a HAY DAY!! It's great fun to watch. While us girls were standing there watching the boys ride a middle age couple came riding up on their standard fourwheeler (most people at the sand dunes ride racing fourwheelers with sand paddles) and were talking to my mom. They were telling us that they were from Nevada and this was their first time out there and they thought it was so beautiful. They then rode down into the bowl (I should have stated that only "experienced" riders should ride down in the bowl) and they cruised around for a while and starting coming back out. Well the guy started to turn and all of a sudden the fourwheeler started to roll. It rolled on top of both of them and then they just kept tumbling down the hill with the wheeler. Luckily my dad was at the top of the bowl so he ran down and grabbed on to both of them so they stopped rolling. I just think the people were so lucky that other people were around to help. The lady had a big scrap on her back but other than that they said they weren't hurt. It just made me sick watching it happen because things like that can happen in a split second and most of the time there is nothing you can do about it! Other than that I rode with my stud of a little brother on the back of his wheeler. He is such an awesome rider! He's so courteous to the other riders around him and his so protective of my mom! He's so sweet! He rides right behind her just in case she needs anything! I love him! And my sister is turning into such a girly girl I can't even believe it! Well that was a little random haha! I didnt take my camera so I will post some pictures after my sister e-mails me them. I did take one with my phone so here it is... It's my cute little sister riding her four wheeler!!
2 comments:
Your family sounds like fun, can't wait to meet them someday!
Hey Mike, I am having a bit of Texan trouble. My Texan neighbor is slandering our native state. Please go to my blog and comment under "Alaska vs Texas?"
Thanks
PS, The sand dunes are so fun!
Post a Comment